A specialist in your living room!
Do you know that Parkinson Québec organizes conferences that you can watch in the comfort of your own home?
Indeed, in the last year, Parkinson Québec provides a free webinar program called Daily Living and covering popular subjects relating to Parkinson’s disease.
The webinar is a conference/training session conducted by a specialist and presented live with the assistance of an internet platform.
Participants may not only watch the speaker remotely and live from their computer screen, but they may interact with the specialist by submitting questions in writing.
While this tool cannot replace completely the experience of a « real » participation to a conference or congress, the advantages of the webinar are numerous. Amongst others:
- Free for the participant
- Allows a person with reduced mobility to have access to the information and ask question to the specialized resource person
- Allows access to information on Parkinson’s no matter where the person lives, as this project serves the entirety of the population in Quebec
- Allows a wider targeted audience to participate (persons living with Parkinson’s, caregivers, health professionals…)
- All the webinars are available for delayed viewing on Parkinson Québec’s website. The persons who initially were unable to watch live may still view the webinar later when they are available
- And many more advantages.
November: Sexuality / December: New researchs
Should you have any questions, please contact the person in charge of this project, Claudie Noël.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 514 861.4422 ext. 222