April is Parkinson’s awareness month. Help us make a difference, be part of the change!
The goal of the “Join the Movement!” campaign is to raise awareness about the importance of getting involved and to fight for progress on every front.
No matter the level of involvement, every effort counts and we can all make a big difference! Anyone who gets involved in the movement can support individuals with Parkinson’s in their own way. Together, we have the power to make a difference!
Participate in one of our activities or organize an event in your community!
Program throughout April, 2016:
- April 1st: Parkinson’s Journey registration gets underway
- April 1st to 30th: “A Tulip for Parkinson’s” Photo Contest
- April 1st to 30th: regional activities
- April 7: Défi Vélo Parkinson Québec launch at Sid Lee
- April 9: Tango show, presented by AbbVie and Tango Libre
- April 11: World Parkinson’s Day
- April 24: Scotiabank Charity Challenge
- Throughout: volunteer recruitment, community challenges
More than 25,000 individuals are living with the disease in Quebec alone, and when you take into account caretakers and family members, more than 100,000 individuals are affected. Parkinson’s is the second most common neurological disease in the world.