Requesting volunteers for the Board of Directors of Parkinson Québec
Being a member of a Board of Directors is an excellent opportunity to share your experience and develop your skills.
Requesting volunteers for the Board of Directors
Parkinson Québec is currently recruiting volunteers to fill openings on our Board of Directors. The Board of Directors consists of 14 people (some members will be appointed for a term of two (2) years in spring 2019).
The Board of Directors should include a diversity of skills, leadership and critical vision in the governance of Parkinson Québec. The ideal candidate must have
- A sense of volunteering involvement
- Leadership skills
- The ability to express themselves and take a stand regarding important decisions
- At heart Parkinson’s Québec’s cause and become an ambassador for
- Bilingual (French and English) both spoken and written
The role of Parkinson Québec’s administrator includes
- Participation in 4 to 6 meetings annually as well as participation in conference calls
- Participation in one (or more) committee councils
- Financial contribution to the cause
The dynamic strength of the Board of Directors is stemmed in their skills.
In order to fill our position, we are currently searching for candidates with these particular skills:
- Fund raising and income development
- Member of the English-speaking community with a network of potential donors
- Information technology
- Advocacy and public policies
- Social and community relations
The administrators are covered with liability insurance through the FPQ.
For more information
Any volunteers interested in this position is invited to communicate with Mr. Paul Dupré, President of Parkinson Québec by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org before December 31st 2018.