Direction of Finances and Administration
At Parkinson Québec, we have created a team made up of very varied profiles and this is what today makes the strength of our organization. What each team member has in common is their suitability for the project and the desire to move it forward in line with their personal convictions.
Parkinson Québec is a not-for-profit organization that aims to support people living with Parkinson’s disease and their caregivers.
We are a rapidly developing NPO, ideal for people wishing to directly contribute to our mission and be quickly empowered.
Under the responsibility of the General Director, the incumbent is responsible for the planning, management and control of all accounting and financial activities of Parkinson Québec and, while ensuring the sound management and protection of active in the organization, he / she plays a leading role in making informed decisions relating to the pursuit of Parkinson Québec’s strategic orientations and the allocation of its resources. He / she scrupulously monitors the integrity and completeness of financial information, financial processes and controls, as well as the application and evaluation of human resources management policies and practices.
• Pilot the planning, preparation and control of the annual budget and manage the process of allocating all operational expenses.
• Record accounting operations in the appropriate books and records and coordinate the development and updating of computerized accounting systems.
• Perform bill payments, government remittances, deposits and bank transactions / reconciliations.
• Prepare, analyze and interpret information intended for internal managers and regional offices, in particular for the establishment of budgets by service, periodic cost control, accountability, financial reporting and preparation of management activities. year-end verification.
• Develop, implement and monitor dashboards, and recommend appropriate measures (policies, procedures, risk management, etc.) for the implementation and / or maintenance of an internal control system necessary for good governance of Parkinson Quebec.
• Collaborate with the firm of external auditors.
• Coordinate the management of cash and bank accounts by maximizing the return on funds.
• Coordinate activities related to the annual granting of grants to Parkinson Quebec, the control and recording of grants paid and the preparation of reports and accountability statements.
• Supervise activities related to the management of human resources, compensation and social benefits programs, including the preparation, monitoring and filing of employee payroll and ensure all activities and reports associated with payroll .
• Manage property, civil liability and directors’ liability insurance.
• Collaborate, through its knowledge of tax matters, in the development of new sources of funds for the organization.
• Support regional office accounting processes (budget monitoring, monthly report issuance, ad hoc monitoring, etc.).
• Complete annual registered charity information returns (T3010) and other ad hoc and / or annual reports required by various government bodies and agencies.
Training and skills
At Parkinson Québec, there is no typical profile, we all come from different backgrounds and that is what makes us strong! We invite you to apply if you are motivated and interested in telephone support, have excellent interpersonal skills and philanthropy at heart.
• University degree in administration, accounting or finance or any combination of education and experience relevant to the position.
• At least 8 years of relevant experience, including 3 in a management position
• Experience in NPOs and in fundraising operations (asset).
• Excellent knowledge of accounting processing software (Sage), and of the MS Office suite (in particular advanced Excel functions).
• Knowledge of Donna donation processing software and Salesforce (asset).
• Good knowledge of federal and provincial laws governing not-for-profit organizations.
• Good knowledge of compensation practices and related laws.
• Bilingualism (French and English).
• Ability to meet specific deadlines and standards.
• Strong sense of organization and priorities.
• Precision, rigor and discretion.
• Excellent analytical skills and good judgment.
• Team spirit and collaboration.
By joining Parkinson Québec, you will have access to a full range of benefits, a pension plan, competitive annual compensation based on experience and an inspiring work environment.
Position to be filled as soon as possible
Full time, 35 hours per week
Workplace: Hybrid working mode, this could change depending on possible new restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Organization located in Montreal near the Berri-UQAM metro station.
To submit your application
Submit your application no later than September 30, 2021 at 4 p.m. to the Selection Committee-Management Position – Finance and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only communicate with those called for an interview. We thank you for your interest.
Discover the Parkinson Québec team
At Parkinson Québec, we are a rigorous, energetic team that listens to each other.
We are passionate men and women who have chosen to work differently. That is, to become professionally involved with an organization that stands out for its mission and its organizational form.
Team workshops, training sessions inspired by your profile, creative meetings, thematic meals every quarter, team building activities … There are no shortage of opportunities to enrich the way we work together!
A plus, our offices are located in the heart of the Latin Quarter with Berri UQAM metro stop, restaurants and parks nearby.
Discover the Parkinson Quebec team
Questions and Answers about the offer
Yes Hybrid working mode from September 2021
Yes (in French)
As soon as possible
Make a donation
Want to reach out to people in Quebec affected by Parkinson’s disease?
Make a donation to our organization today.