Become a member of Board Directors
Parkinson Québec is a not-for-profit organization that strives for excellence in education, support services for people living with Parkinson’s disease, research and advocacy. In partnership with the 12 regional offices and organizations, Parkinson Québec:
- Educates people with Parkinson’s and outfits them with the tools they need to live active and fulfilling lives.
- Provides support for people suffering from Parkinson’s, at every stage of the disease, as well as their families.
- Invests in research to develop more effective treatments and find a cure.
Call for Volunteer Administrators
Becoming a member of our board of directors is an excellent opportunity to share your experience and hone your skills. Parkinson Québec is recruiting volunteers to fill openings on our board of directors, consisting of 14 members, for a term of two years with possibility of renewal for up to six consecutive years. Some members will be appointed in the spring of 2021.
Our board of directors is committed to gender equality and cultural and linguistic representation.
The board of directors shares a variety of skills that allow them to carry out our organization’s administration and philanthropy.
- Volunteer involvement
- A keen interest the Parkinson Québec to become its ambassador
- Leadership abilities
- A network of contacts to benefit the cause
The Parkinson Québec administrator will:
- Attend four to six annual meetings and conference calls
- Take part in one of more committees of the Board
- Contribute financially to the cause
Our board is of directors’ skillfulness makes up their strength and vitality. In order to fill our openings, we are recruiting people who have a special expertise in the following priority fields:
- Fund-raising and philanthropy
- Tax and notary services
- Information technology and systems
- Community service
And these fields as well:
- Treasury and financial management
- Marketing and PR
- Health and support services
- Medical and social research
The administrators are covered with full liability insurance.
For those interested, please get in touch with Parkinson Québec by :
- email at email@example.com,
- by phone at 514-861-4422, ask for Ms. Josée Ouellette,
- go to our website
Call for volunteer : pdf version