New partnership for walking sessions
New partnership with Neuromotrix
In order to bring even more diversity to the activities offered, Parkinson Québec has just validated a new partnership with Neuromotrix.
We offer to people with Parkinson’s disease the opportunity to participate in 4 sessions of a workshop “Walking efficiently with your poles”.
4 walking sessions with poles
This workshop consists of four sessions that will allow you to become familiar with walking with poles (Nordic walking) so that you can get the most out of this activity!
The use of poles during the walk ensures better posture, helps maintain balance and forces the upper and lower body to participate in the movements. Learn the technique, practice Nordic Walking and discover a multitude of exercises that are done with poles with a NeuroMotrix kinesiologist.
All the advantages of Nordic walking:
- improves respiratory capacity
- strengthens the immune system
- improves mood
- tones thighs and buttocks
- strengthens shoulders, arms and pectorals
- improves posture
- strengthens the back and abdominals
No experience required, only the ability to walk a hundred meters without technical assistance.
Bring your poles, if you have any, or NeuroMotrix will lend you some!
Horaires et inscriptions
Lieu et horaire:
Location and time:
- Parc de l’Île-Lebel, Repentigny, Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. starting June 23, 2020
- Parc Joachim Du-Bellay, Laval, Tuesdays at 1 p.m. starting June 23, 2020
- Parc du Père-Marquette, Montreal, Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. starting June 25, 2020
- Parc Barron, Lachute, Thursdays at 10 am starting June 25, 2020
- Michel-Chartrand Park, Longueuil, Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. starting June 25, 2020
Click below for more details and to register: