Living Better with Parkinson’s training program is intended for people working with people living with Parkinson’s disease: nurses, pharmacists, doctors, physiotherapists, physical rehabilitation therapists, occupational therapists, social workers and psychologists.
The training is accredited by SOFEDUC (0.7 continuing education credits). It is offered to groups of a minimum of 12 professionals directly in their institutions.
The training offered by Parkinson Québec includes: a content kit per subject, as well as many brochures and pamphlets on different themes surrounding Parkinson’s disease
Create a group of minimum 12 people and contact:
514 861.4422 #220
- Parkinson’s disease 101
- Physical activity
- Adapting the living environment
- Understand the neurobiology of the disease and the motor and non-motor symptoms.
- Understand the different pharmacological approaches to treat the disease and new therapeutic avenues.
- Learn the side effects of medication.
- Learn the general benefits of physical activity on Parkinson’s disease.
- Become familiar with the activities and exercises adapted to Parkinson’s disease.
- Become familiar with the nutritional specificities of Parkinson’s disease.
- Understand the consequences of diet on illness and medication.
- Learn the tips and means to improve safety, promote home support, optimize abilities and promote autonomy for people living with Parkinson’s disease.
195$ + tx per person
*Training in French only