Parkinson and COVID-19
We are concerned about the safety, health and well-being of our Parkinson’s community across Quebec.
Here are some measures we recommend to anyone living with Parkinson’s disease:
– Check your meds. List your inventory and place a new order with your pharmacist when your supply is low.
– If you have the opportunity, talk to your doctor about the pneumonia vaccine. Seniors (60 years of age and older) are at the highest risk of developing the symptoms of VIDOC-19 which can lead to severe respiratory complications.
– Use our online resources at all times on parkinsonquebec.ca and our YouTube channel.
If you need to make a health care professional aware of your needs in relation to Parkinson’s disease.
To avoid isolating yourself or stopping your physical activities, take advantage of our online videos at your own pace and according to your needs.
– Anxiety is a common symptom with people with Parkinson’s disease. However, if you feel the need to talk about it, we are available at 1 800 720.1307 from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
– Keep your medication card handy. Keep your medication dosage card with you at all times!
To protect yourself from COVID-19, the government recommends the following precautions:
– Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available if you have to travel.
– Cough or sneeze into a tissue or the hollow of your sleeve; dispose of all used tissues in a garbage can lined with a garbage bag and wash your hands each time.
– Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
– Clean frequently touched surfaces with regular household cleaners or diluted bleach (1 part bleach, 9 parts water).
– Avoid large gatherings.
For more information and updates, visit the Government of Canada website.
Please note that Parkinson Québec follows the health advice of federal, provincial and local health authorities and the World Health Organization. We encourage you to stay informed and consult official sources for the latest updates on the coronavirus COVID-19.
We are currently writting an article on our website that lists all the reported events, please follow the news on our website or on our facebook page.