Requesting Volunteers for the Board of Directors of Parkinson Québec
Parkinson Québec is a non-profit organization that strives for excellence in research, advocacy, education and supporting those living with Parkinson’s disease and their loved ones. In partnership with our 12 regional offices or organizations throughout Quebec, Parkinson Québec :
- educates people living with Parkinson’s disease and provides them with the tools they need to live an active and fulfilling life;
- supports people living with Parkinson’s disease and their families, throughout the course of the disease;
- invests in research to develop more effective treatment and ultimately find a cure.
Becoming a member of a Board of Directors is an excellent opportunity to share your experience and develop your skills. Parkinson Québec is currently recruiting volunteers to fill openings on our Board of Directors. The Board of Directors consists of 14 members. The duration of the mandate is two years, with the possibility of renewal up to six years.
Our Board of Directors includes a diversity of skills to carry out the governance and philanthropy of our organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A sense of volunteering involvement
- Parkinson’s Québec’s cause at heart and become one of its ambassadors
- Leadership skills in fundraising and income development;
- Bilingual (French and English) both spoken and written
- Have an extensive network of contacts and be open to sharing them with Parkinson Québec
The role of Parkinson Québec’s Director’s includes
- Participation in 4 to 6 meetings annually as well as participation in the conference calls
- Participation in one (or more) board committees, specifically in the Revenue Development Committee
- Identifying and recruiting people interested in joining the Revenue Development Committee to help with finding sponsorship for the organization’s major fundraising events;
- Identifying and contacting companies likely to develop long-term partnerships, annual or multi-year sponsorships;
- Contacting their personal network to increase the organization’s financial partners;
- Financial contribution to the cause.
The dynamic strength of the Board of Directors is stemmed in their skills.
In order to fill our position, we are currently searching for candidates with expertise in the following fields.
- Fundraising and revenue development
- Member of the English-speaking community with a network of potential donors
The directors are covered with liability insurance through the FPQ.
For more information
Any volunteers interested in this position are invited to communicate with Mr. Paul Dupré, President of Parkinson Québec by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.